Welcome to teach English at Xuchang University
Xuchang University, located in Xuchang City--an ancient capital city of the Han and Wei Dynasties. It is 80 km from Zhengzhou, the capital of Henan Province and is less than one hour south of Zhengzhou International Airport. It is a full-time comprehensive public university, with more than 1169 staff and more than 20,000 full-time students on campus now. The campus looks like a beautiful garden. Travel to famous sites is very convenient. Shao Lin temple is 2 hour bus trip away. Xi’an is 3 hours by train and Beijing is 4 hours. Convenient night trains allow you to wake up in Beijing. Luoyang and Anyang are also close. Xuchang is a medium-sized city. People here are kind, warmhearted and generous.
Xuchang University would like to employ teachers from English-speaking countries. The main teaching task is to teach English and business courses to undergraduate students.
1. Full time work;
2. Starting date: September or October of 2015;
3. Contract term: one academic year preferred;
4. Teaching load: 16-18 teaching hours (each teaching hour is 45 minutes) every week;
5. Lessons to teach: Oral English (including Business Oral English), English Writing, etc.;
6. Students: hard working students, ages range from 17 to 22;
7. Rest & holidays: free Saturdays and Sundays; one months’ winter vacation with payment.
1. Native English speakers from UK, USA, Canada, New Zealand and Australia;
2. 25-505years old in good health;
3. Bachelor’s Degree or above;
4. TEFL/ESL Certificate or similar is preferred but not necessary;
5. Two or more years’ teaching experience;
6. Teaching couples are especially welcome.
Salary and Treatment
1. Salary: a monthly salary of RMB 5,000—RMB 5,500. Individual monthly salary is set according to the relevant qualifications.
2. Accommodation: a rent-free spacious furnished apartment on campus and utilities provided.
3. Airfare: RMB 10000 for one teaching year contract.
4. Travel Allowance: RMB 2,000 for one year contract.
5. Insurance: Personal Accident Insurance, includes Medical Insurance.
Documents required for application
1. copy of passport photo page;
2. copy of degree diploma;
3. recent photo;
4. resume (including age, marital status, nationality, etc.).
Address: International Office of Xuchang University
88 Bayi Road, Xuchang City, Henan Province, P. R. China 461000